• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import .Wav audio files into Photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am struggling with importing .WAV audio files into Adobe Photoshop 2023. 

Currently Photoshop tells me that whenever I try to upload the audio file of choice, It says that the file cannot be opened. When I attempt to drag the file into Photoshop, it tells me. -Audio File Name- Cannot be opened instead. Both of which are errors given to me by the system. I was wondering if anybody else was having this issue with the most recent version of Photoshop and thought I should ask for help here. 

I have tried every method of uploading this file type to my workspace and all of them give one of the two errors shown below. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar thread but for video files, Video file not opening in Photoshop 2020, with a few solutions you could try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the old 2020 video files solutions work. This is a 2023 glitch. And irritating because Photoshop is a fun way to teach animation to younger people. Shame that they broke it and aren't patching it. The sound that PS says is an error plays just fine in Animate so I know it is not the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I have used PSD for years with my animation students and suddenly it won'y import my MP3 or my .Aifs or .wavs!

I CAN import these same sounds into Adobe Animate.

There are NO SOLUTIONS posted that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, has anyone solved it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and I escalated through my work to Adobe. They couldn't help and bumped it to next level but that was 2 months ago. Nada. Guess I won't be using PSD to teach with in the Fall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't able to find a fix within the most modern version. As far as I am aware this is a known issue with the 2023 patch of photoshop.
I would reccomend downloading the 2022 version under creative cloud and just booting that version as it gave me no issues with WAV or MP3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines