• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Topaz Labs as plug ins PS 2021 Mac

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased the Topaz Labs software. In particular, I am trying to use Denoise, sharpen and gigapixel. 

I have spent a couple hours today trying to figure out how to get it to work.

I came across a support page for Topaz that says it is not compatible with PS 2021: https://help.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004587027-Adobe-Photoshop-Configuration-guide-Using-...

However, I have also come across a thread here where a user claims to have gotten it to work, on Windows though: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/unable-to-install-topaz-plugin-in-ps-2021/m-p/11587037?page...

I have followed these steps, but it did not work on my Mac.

Other threads seem to be dated (apparently version of PS matters) and generally seem to suggest uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling, which I have been through. 

I had also come across another Topaz support page: https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/218382688-Accessing-Topaz-Labs-in-Photoshop-CC

However, the Photoshop Utility (method 2) did not support anything past PS 2018. Reinstallation previously didn't work (method 1) and I did not have a Topaz Labs folder in my Application Support (method 3)

I'm at a loss for how to get this to work as a plug in. My understanding is that I should be able to access it from the filter menu and I just can't.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually managed to solve my problem. a last ditch effort, I went into the newly installed Denoise in my Applications. I right clicked show package contents, resources > PS_plugins > then grabbed that file and copied it into the plug ins folder in PS. It seems to have done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked amazingly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, this worked PERFECT!  Only difference for me is that I had to paste mine into the "Required" --- "Filters" PS Plug-Ins folder and Topaz was added back to my drop down list after that.  Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how or where did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get it to work with Denoise, but not Topaz Studio 2.  Any suggestions

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried following this workaround? >>> https://help.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038903312-Cannot-Access-DeNoise-AI-as-a-Plugin-from-...

I did and it worked. The Denoise AI will ask you to login on your Topaz Labs account. But the Denoise 6 will be like the usual one. So that's what I did and got the Denoise 6 working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this document.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html

You should always try and use the latest version of the plug-ins installer. If you manually put the plug-in into the version specific folder it will stop working when you install a new version of Photoshop or different version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines