• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Keep Paths Open in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to draw some open paths in Photoshop on a single Shape layer.

When I create a new Shape layer, I can create an open path. But when I try to add to that Shape layer, any new path closes automatically. And the Combine Shapes option for the Path tool doesn't seem to do anything other than allow me to add to the Shape layer (instead of creating a new layer).

Is it possible to have multiple open Paths in a single Shape layer? I'm completely stumped. Any advice would be appreciated, or at least a big old No!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have multiple open Paths in a single Shape layer? 

No. 

And the Combine Shapes option for the Path tool doesn't seem to do anything other than allow me to add to the Shape layer (instead of creating a new layer).

Of course it has an effect; please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels to clarify the situation you based that observation on. 

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 08.12.29.pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 at 08.12.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to have multiple open Paths in a single Shape layer? 

No. 

And the Combine Shapes option for the Path tool doesn't seem to do anything other than allow me to add to the Shape layer (instead of creating a new layer).

Of course it has an effect; please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels to clarify the situation you based that observation on. 

I didn't mean to imply that the Combine Shapes option didn't do anything at all, only that it does not have any effect on the question I asked.

Anyway, if it's not possible to have multiple open paths on a single Shape Layer, then I guess that's my answer. Thanks for saving me from dedicating more time trying to find a solution that does not exist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines