• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch PortraitPro plug in from Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I recently upgraded from CS6 to CC.  When I reinstalled the plug-in and try to launch it, I get the following error message

Could not complete the Portrait Pro command because failed to run application C:/Program Files/PortraitPro Studio 15/PortraitProStudio.exe

I have been back and forth with PortraitPro for a couple of weeks now without a resolution, and my service professional has gone quiet.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plug-in several times, and manually installed the launch command in the PS plug-in folder.  Has anyone else run into this issue that has a resolution?

Thanks,

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Hi Daniel and Abambo - I was able to resolve the issue by upgrading the plugin.  Thank you for your help.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the version of software you have (Portrait Pro Studio 15) is old enough to not be compatible with the latest version of Photoshop. You most likely have to upgrade. I was just looking ti all up and PortPro Studio 17 was out back in 2017, so that's even kind of old now. If the version you have ran on CS6, it's most likely not fully compatible with CC2019. Check for updates, or you may need to get your hands on a more recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel - thank you for the suggestion.  PortraitPro is a standalone piece of software.  You can launch it via Photoshop using a launch command that is embedded in the Photoshop/Plug-ins folder.  I can launch the standalone fine - but I'd like to launch it through Photoshop (that is part of my workflow).

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel and Abambo - I was able to resolve the issue by upgrading the plugin.  Thank you for your help.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you launch PPS as a standalone program?

If Daniel's assumption is true, you should be able to launch PPS with an earlier version of Photoshop. You can install any version down to CS6 if needed. I do not suggest to use an older Ps, but to test the plug-in with a configuration you knew that was working recently on your system.

I will need some time, as I'm on travel now, but I will test next time I have access to my old PPS data, if PPS is still working with a current Ps installation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo - I can launch the PortraitPro plug-in as a standalone.  I just tried to launch from Photoshop CS6 and got the same error that I got with Photoshop CC.  I did post a question on the windows discussion board asking if there could be a problem with security permissions on the PortraitPro folder which is prohibiting the PortraitPro.exe from launching.  I changed the permissions to my account, but still have not had any luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I can use it as stand alone but I want to open it in Adobe Photoshop.  I could before and then for no apparent reason I can no longer open it in Photoshop?  It lets me one day and then not the next??

Help anyone?

Aileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchase Protrait Pro and am having the same problem.  And unfortunately, this new install deleted my older version of Portrait Pro.

I've tried everything with no success.  Can you help???

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem for me too.. i have portrait pro studio 21... i tried installed automatically and also manually  paste plugin file  to app/adobephotoshoppro/plugins   or .../filters

uninstall reinstall...

same cant use iti in photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines