Cannot open a photo without the workspace being frozen

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to open any picture....or if i try to drag and drop one onto a new project....the workspace freezes on the file uploader screen. It happens when I try to open from my computer and also from creative cloud. It happens with  ALL (psd, jpg, png etc) file types. Im not even sure how to describe it. Photoshop itself doesnt freeze...i can still click on tools in the panels etc. but theres no response on the actual workspace. Ive attached a screen shot that better explains it.

Phtotoshop.png

So far Ive:

-updated all my drivers

-updated photoshop

-uninstalled then reinstalled photoshop

-made sure my computer is compatable with drivers

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows that you are on Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements and you are posting in the Photoshop Elements forum.

The correct forum should be Photoshop ecosystem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines