• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open ANY file in PS 2023 - windows machine

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open ANY file in PS 2023 (both normal and beta). I updated PS to the latest version. Also updated camera raw. I went to Preferences -> Performance and unchecked use Graphic processor. Restarted and still nothing. I deleted preferences, reset essentials. Absolutely nothing works. Eventually Uninstalled & Reinstalled and still didn't fixed my problem.
It just remain stuck/freezed. No crash, no report, no nothing. Also, in task manager i see waaaay too many things open as part of PS that shouldn't be there. It was working perfectly 2 days ago.

Windows 11 Home, version 22H2. Os build 22621.1635  -> this is how i bought my laptop. There's no way i can revert to win 10 since it never existed on this unit. 
My config: Laptop Asus ROG Zephyrus 16
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX with Radeon Graphics 
RAM: 64.0 GB (63.3 GB usable)
Video card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080

Atharia_0-1682888348078.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Thank you for the update @Atharia , then...

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS*) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear this @Atharia 

If your apps were working on the same machine before & have recently started encountering this error, please try these steps and let me know if they help.

• In the Creative Cloud app, press CTRL + ALT + T (Win) or CMD + OPT + T (macOS) to launch Creative Cloud Troubleshooter & select 'Close Creative Cloud and related processes' > click on Go.
    Doublecheck the Task Manager (Windows) & Activity Monitor (macOS) to ensure no processes related to Adobe or Creative Cloud are running & end the process if found active.
  • Windows - Press Windows + R to open Run Dialogue > enter %TEMP% > Click on OK > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • macOS - In Finder > press & hold OPT key > go to the top menu GO > Select Library > go to Logs > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • Restart the computer
  • Sign in to Creative Cloud again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Cory! The fix provided by you worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh wait...it didn't. But i think i figured out what's the problem. I can open any .jpg that opens directly in PS and not within Camera Raw. If it's opening it in camera raw then it crashes/freezez completely. I went to preferences -> file handling-> and set it to open .jpg with settings not forcing it to open within camera raw. But even if i am able now to open the file, i still can't open the camera raw from filters at all because it will crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @Atharia , then...

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS*) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cory. Yes, the last option worked. I am now able to open any .jpg in camera raw without freezing. 

However, i had to modify the registry to make "EnableLUA" = 0 as drag and drop option didn't work anymore. 

For anyone else with drag and drop issue, here are the steps to re-enable it:
Step 1: Goto your search section on the Windows and type regedit. You will see regedit Run command item. Click on it. (Windows search can be found within the Taskbar)

Step 2: In the Regedit window, double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Step 3: Then, double click on SOFTWARE.

Step 4: Then you will see a big list, find MICROSOFT and double click on that.

Step 5: Then find WINDOWS and double click to open it.

Step 6: Then double click on CurrentVersion.

Step 7: Then find Policies and double click on that.

Step 8: Then double click on System

Step 9: Now, you reached the main menu area. Look into the items available in the right side portion.
You will see EnableLUA. Double-click on that.
Step 10: Now, a small window will open with the value of that item. You may see it by default; the Value data set is 1. You need to change it to 0 and do not change any other value (keep base as Hexadecimal)

drag-and-drop-issue-final.png

Step 11: Now click, Ok. It is now updated. Now please restart your PC. After that, try on Photoshop and see whether the drag and drop photoshop option is working or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines