• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open exported JPEGs - unidentified developer

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll start by saying that I'm on an iMac with High Sierra and using Adobe CC 2018.  When I export an image from Illustrator and then double click the exported image, it defaults to opening with Preview.  I'll then right click and use "open with", then select Photoshop as the app and "always open with", however, when I then double click the image, it gives me the same message you'd receive from an app that is from an unidentified developer, but this is a JPEG image.  I'll then click "open anyway" and it opens in Photoshop, but anytime I export any new image from Illustrator, it treats it like another new app from an unidentified developer.  It does this for literally any image I export so I have to drag the image to the PS icon or open within Photoshop to open images.  I've never had this problem before updating to High Sierra.

Is there a way to get my mac to no longer treat any and all images I export as being from an unidentified developer?  I asked this same question in the Apple Communities with no answers, so I'm hoping someone here might have some insight should it be Adobe-related.

Thank you for your time.

Adobe CC 2018 (Photoshop and Illustrator)

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1

iMac 27-inch, Late 2013

3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the images, it's the app. Do you get the same message when you open Photoshop directly?

Do you get the message if you DON'T QUIT Photoshop after each image, just close the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get the message when I open a file from within Photoshop; I only get the message when I right click the image file and select "open with-->other" and choose Photoshop, then "always open with", and finally "open anyway" after it tells me it's from an unidentified developer.  Once I've done this, the image will always open with a double click, but it only applies to that image.  Any other image I export from Illustrator (or download from the internet for that matter) will require the same process again to get it to open with a double click.  Quitting or not quitting Photoshop does not effect anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem and it's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having just having the same problem but I think I fixed it. Try this: Right-click on a .jpg, go to "Get Info", choose "Open With:" choose Adobe Photoshop" then click "Change All".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're awesome, thanks!

get your brand out there— really working for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines