• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open files in Photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop 2023 and cannot upload any images. Whenever I try to open an image to work on it just freezes up. No crash report comes up. I can move my mouse around the screen, but cannot click on anything. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my Mac OS and it seemed to do the trick fixing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me, I also cannot kill the app in the task manager...

I can see the image in layer window, but nothing responds or works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt  work for me. I am dead in the water with aprohect due in three days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I updated PS to the latest version. Also updated camera raw.  I went to Preferences -> Performance and unchecked use Graphic processor. Restarted and still nothing. Uninstalled & Reinstalled, deleted preferences, reset essentials. Absolutely nothing works.  Same behavior as the thread initiator.
Windows 11 Home, version 22H2. Os build 22621.1635

I just updated to Photoshop 2023 and cannot upload any images. Whenever I try to open an image to work on it just freezes up. No crash report comes up. I can move my mouse around the screen, but cannot click on anything. 

By @sashar77788906

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Photoshop opens but as soon as I drag and drop an image it just freezes. Clicking anything just makes a beeping sound. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers, reset preferences. Nothing fixes it. Pretty dissappoininting that Adobe still rolls out updates without testing them first. Talk about an IT embarrassment. Im about to cancel all of Creeative Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Still doesn't work even after reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check system requirements and ensure they are met. Update graphics drivers. Disable third-party plugins. Reset Photoshop preferences. Test with a new user account. Reinstall Photoshop if necessary. Seek further assistance from Adobe Support or community forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines