Exit

Cannot Open Photoshop 2022 PSD file on Photoshop 2021 version

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

New in here!

I wish to know why some of the layers have been lost when I'm opening a 2022 version PSD file on my Photoshop 2021 version. Any solutions on how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Rhodel27237462xfat_0-1669020570507.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what exactly you did with the file nobody can tell you much, but the warning pretty much means what it says - you used some feature that simply doesn't exist and thus cannot be opened as an editable layer. What that is only you can know. In such a case the layer would have needed to be rasterized in PS 2022 to ensure backwards compatibility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Rhodel27237462xfat as @Mylenium pointed out, you get this message whenever you use a new, or updated function saved on a file in an older version of Photoshop.

Do you remember if you used smart objects? Neural filters?

Please check the file in Ps 2022 and report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines