• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open print settings when i select my canson icc profiles for Epson SC P5000

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I cannot open print settings when I select my canson icc profiles. I have unistalled the printer drivers, the icc profiles, even photoshop. i have downloaded them all again but still with no luck. other profiles work but not canson. this is driving me crazy, can anyone help

Thanks

Paul

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul H17

I have the same problem with both canson and some Epson icc profiles. Initially only a limited number of Epson profiles were available after updating my printer driver to v10.85 . My OS is macOS Big Sur - Printer Epson SureColor P800 - Software Photoshop v 23.1.1

Following advice found on the adobe support community webpage. https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management-discussions/printer-profiles-missing-for-epson-sc-p8...

I found the additional Epson icc profiles I wanted in two bundles at the following location on my Mac. Macintosh HD/Library/Printers/EPSON/inkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP14080L1.profiles & EP14080L4.Profiles

As I already had some of the profiles listed in the EP14080L4 bundle available in Photoshop I copied the profiles from EP14080L1 to: Users/patcleeve/Library/ColorSync/Profiles As suggested on the support community webpage.

I opened photoshop and an image I wanted to print. All the profiles I had copied across from the EP14800L1profiles bundle were available for selection. Plus the other non Epson profiles when I selected Photoshop Manages Colors and opened the drop down list.

I selected the SC-P800Series Photo Paper Glossey profile I had copied across. However when I tried to open the Print Settings box to set the other printing parameters. It failed to open. I then tried all the “new” profiles I had added plus the canson profiles. In all instances the Print Settings box failed to open and a print could not be made

When I selected the Epson and other icc profiles available when Printer driver v 10.85 was loaded the Print Settings window opened and normal printing could take place. I have been in contact with Epson for over a month as I suspect the problem is related to compatability between their driver & OS BigSur but have not got a resolution too the problem. Not sure where to go next any sugestions will be gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, appreciate the comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac? OSX 11.6.2 (or 11.6.3)?

There is apparently a bug in Mac OSX Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use / printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to Monterey, personally I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new OSX version soon after release.

Sadly this bug appears to still be present in 11.6.3, according to users here who have made that upgrade.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil

That probably explains my lack of success in trying to get a solution from Epson. I have an old macbook air with mac OS High Sierra and everything works on that. So I may wait a while before upgrading to Monterey. Would love to hear from someone who has upgraded and has no problems with profiles. 

Regards

Pat Cleeve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you access print settings outside of Photoshop, in say Preview? If not, a bigger purge may be in order, maybe do the Epson Enema and install both drivers (from Epson) again: 
1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and trash the whole Epson folder.

3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just another tip on  reinstalling the Epson printer, as DigitalDog recommended:

Go to Epson online and download the printer drivers yourself.

Do not let the Mac install the printer driver for you.

In System Preferences / Printers & Scanners, when adding the connected printer

[click the padlock, enter your password and click the “+” button]

- watch out for the “Use" selection

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 09.40.58.jpg

- I recommend you do not select "Airprint" there - but manually set "use” to the printer name, which will then call on the manufacturer’s own software rather than the default Apple driver (that’s based on Gimp Print, which misses out some printing options such as specific manufacturers media names). 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue right now on a Canon ImagePROGRAF Pro 4100. It would suggest to me that it has to be a Photoshop / MacOS issue if it happens with different drivers and printers. 

Running Ventura 13.1. Some custom ICC profiles when selected won't print, and I can't get back into the Print Settings / driver options unless I select some other ICC profile. 

Has there been any fix for this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post screenshots showing the print dialog boxes/options. (post inline using the image icon above). 

there may be an issue with macOS permissions causing this, I suggest you reset the macOS permissions. `Apple support will help you with this [their callback service can be very useful] 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines