• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot resize

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i am using photoshop 2023, and it is not allowing me to change the text box size or picture size. if i restart photoshop it fixes the issue for a brief moment and then goes back to normal. text boxes cannot be resized, neither can images, despite making sure all the relevant options are selected. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

2022-10-23 14_31_41-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. i did the reset and still no luck, i restarted my photoshop as well, uninstalled - reinstalled but to no avail. its quite frustrating as its just not letting me resize at all. i just tried creating a new text box and it wont even let me create that without making its own shape, and then not allowing me to adjust it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@azeem268915264toc 

You didn't say if you are a new or experienced user, or if this issue just started after working before.

• Are you creating text by clicking and typing (point text) or by dragging a frame and then typing (paragraph text)?
  • Are you changing the typesize with the options bar/Character panel (proper) or with Edit > Free Transform.
  • If you are dragging out a frame and using Paragraph text, are you resizing the frame with the Type tool (proper) or another tool?

We may need to see a video.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. Never noticed it before, because I resize a lot of photos, art etc. So in the image box, if it is in pixels the file size will not change. Try that - works in inches. I had the dimesions in pixels for a particular sites requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screen recording of what you're seeing may be helpful. Post a URL to the video using CC files or dropbox, or something similar to share the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines