• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANNOT RUN IMAGE PROCESSOR ANYMORE! HELP!

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since that weird change that made it impossible to save a jpeg via Save As... (Now you have to click Save A Copy...) I cannot run a script to save all my images open in photoshop at once. I  really liked doing that tequnique because it was fast and I could add copyright info to all of them at once as well. PLEASE HELP!!! Will it ever work again?? 😞

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Maybe in 'Edit / Preferences / File Handling' tick on:

'Do not append "copy" to filename when saving a copy'

and / or 'Enable Legasy "SaveAs"' you find in 22.4.2 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe in 'Edit / Preferences / File Handling' tick on:

'Do not append "copy" to filename when saving a copy'

and / or 'Enable Legasy "SaveAs"' you find in 22.4.2 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I have the Photoshop version 22.4.1

I just don't see any of those options after I click 'Edit / Preferences / File Handling' 

This is what I see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think I mentioned of latter update with no reason? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! THANK YOU!! Sorry that was dumb of me not to realize that I needed to update it. haha. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThiagoLara_0-1623547603213.png

Mais alguém tá com dificuldade de usar "actions" de salvamento no Photoshop por causa dessa desgraça de atualização de "salvar uma cópia" ?
Quando você cria o action pra salvar algo em jpeg é obrigado a clicar nesse "salvar uma cópia".
Ai ele pega o nome do seu arquivo (ex) "Foto 1" e transforma em "Foto 1 copia".
Mas quando você vai salvar a foto 2 ele é idiota e salva TAMBÉM como "Foto 1 copia" e subscreve a primeira.

É só comigo isso?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed 22.4.2 and in your Photoshop Preferences file handling section checked Enable Legacy Save As.   Adobe change to Save As in 22.4.1 broke some actions the use Saves as steps some became interactive which require the human to know what they should for save as would not save.

image.png

To fix your actions check enable Legacy Save As

image.png

Actions you use with Image Processor and Image Processor Pro normal should not have Save As steps.  The main function of the scripts is to save the output files with the names you want  in the locations you want and the Script can size the output  images to fit within some canvas size.  Scripting document .saveAs was not effected by Adobe's 22.4.1 and 22.4.2 Save As changes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obrigado por sua resposta! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a professional animator, I have been using the photoshop batch processing to do various things to jpeg frame stacks for many years. This can range from resizing 1920x1080 images to 8.5x11 so I can print out stacks and draw on them, as well as a ton of other things. Now that the save as functionality has changed, the batch processing no longer works as it used to. Not only do I get popups in the save as functionality during automation that used to be surpressed, but the batching in general doesn't work, sometimes filters aren't applied. It is a complete mess. The 'save as' major update in May 2021 really really did some damage to the batch automation. This is left me in a very bad place as an animator and has cost me a lot of money (time) troubleshooting. I am now uninstalling photoshop and reverting back to a previous version that has the correct functionality necessary for an animator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reverting the older version did resolve my issue! I highly recommend that Adobe fixes this issue as it is a show stopper for many animators that do old fashioned techniques using printing and light boards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't revert, but read the thread you're now in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info regarding legacy Save as.

Lost some hours on this issue ( IP and IPP starting and not giving any results ).
This thread made me look into  action i used together with IP.
I found that important part of my output action was  a cleanup script removing all paths / guides alpha channels from my deliveries.
This script was removed on PS 22 install.
From what I recall on previous installs I got dialog stating "cleanup.jsx" is missing not this time around.
After reinstalling this script both IPP and IP works as expected.

PS:
Question : Is removing all paths / guidelines / alpha channels and other elements possible without any jsx script when running IP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cleanup.jsx must be custom script you should have still in folder of your previous Ps release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed - I was able to retrieve it from old innstallation  - 
( but somewhat surprised that there was now warning " script is missing in you r action " ) 
but was thinking that maybe there is some more " modern " way to remove all help elemnts  ( paths and guides ) in
image besdies using a script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The script was missing as the path written to action was refered to that from previous release.

You can remove guides all at once from View menu by Clear Guides item, but to do similarly with Path items you have first to manually select all of them in the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines