• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save a file after shutting off a spot channel

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop - 2022 and 2023 on  mac platform will not allow a user to save a file if the only change to the file is shutting off a spot channel.

So if you open a file containing a visible spot channel - shut off the channel and try to save , the save function is greyed out.

This was not an issue a couple of months ago.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cindic48128273 I don't have the same issues you are describing in either version on my Mac.

Can you supply a screenshot of your document including the Channels panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse the subject matter but that is what I am working on. All the channels were on, I shut off the Spot channel and it won't allow me to save it that way. It is greyed out.  Is this an M2 Pro chip issue? My intel Mac allowed me to do it.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 1.07.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cindic48128273 sorry you are having this issue. Testing here shows a save option that works.

It might help if you record a video of your workflow that gets to this issue for the team to see.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cindic48128273 turning channels on or off does not show as a change in the document pixel data so as you can see in your document name tab - there is no * indicating a change - hence there is nothing for Photoshop to save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines