Cannot save due to program error

Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and all posts I could find are from awhile back -- but the most recent update -- the CANNOT SAVE DUE TO PROGRAM ERROR happens on and off. There is no consistency to when it happens. I've tried one layer, I've tried 10 layers. I sometimes can get it. I have tried diff drives...I've reset... nothing helps. But I am about to scream because I have a project due and I can't get my file saved. I'm worried if I revert back to a previous version, will I be unable to open thefiles I WAS able to create in the latest one? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving your files to? Internal harddrive or to a network drive or server?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I have tried to save it to my local drive on my iMac, it's a 2020 iMac… As well as to two different external drives, one is western digital and one is Toshiba… And it is hidden mess. Just when I think that maybe I found the formula that works, it will suddenly do the same thing and then I have to go through a series of variations in the file name or switching on and off different layers, or switching the location of where I save it and I still cannot tell you what it is that is the common denominator and each time but it says it cannot save. Sometimes it says program error and other times it says disk error.

I did follow the directions and making sure that Adobe has permissions for my entire computer through the settings and privacy on my iMac  preferences-- But that didn't seem to help. Also I saw that today there was another update so I went ahead and uninstalled and then reinstalled the newest one and it still did it a couple of the times that I tried to save.

if I revert back to an older version, will I lose any of the progress i made on the files that I DID manage to save, or will they still be usable…… And thank you for your reply.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines