• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Save raw file in any format - no error msgs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a raw file in Photoshop 23.3.0 version on new Mac using Monterey 12.4. I've looked everywhere in the community and I can't figure out where to post this and no, I am NOT one of those who doesn't have enough selections to choose from, which seems to be the big problem with saving documents.

My file is nowhere near the 2 gig limit. I've checked everything I know. The file is flattened. There is no extra channel. I'm clueless. And freaked out. It's a beautiful image I made compositing multiple images. 

When I try to save it, nothing happens. I tried a jpg, a png, nothing. I tried to export it. Nothing. Save, save as, and export... none work. 

HELP! PLEASE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that I get zero error messages. I simply make the selection to save and nothing happens. I've called up several other files and it's the same with them. I can open them. But none of the save features work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I simply make the selection to save and nothing happens."

This is a bit confusing, can you explain what "selection" means?

General advice for all things weird in Photoshop is to try with preference reset Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select save or save as I get no response. No error msg. No selection box to choose where to put the file, etc. it is totally unresponsive. Yet I can work on the file. I can open new files. I just can't save anything. I don't want to lose my document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the dialog is off-screen.

Reset Photoshop preferences as Bojan links to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines