Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use the last 3 Photoshop updates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Photoshop community

I have not been able to update photoshop for around two years. Only Photoshop 2020 will work on my

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I am running Monterey 12.6.1 and last week triend to update to Ventura and my computer froze and could not be restarted. It has now been returned to Monterey and photoshop 2020 is working again but the later versions still will not. Im starting to wonder what I am paying Adobe for? Does anyone have any solutions so I can upgrade to newer photoshop versions and operating system?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shannw82374499 

Do you meet or exceed the recommended system requirements for Photoshop 2023?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

macOS12 (Monterey) is supported. 

Operating system macOS Big Sur (version 11.0) or later  macOS Big Sur (version 11)
Installation is blocked on v10.15.x

Adobe lets you use older versions with your paid subscription if you have a computer that does not meet the requirements. That's what you are paying for. If you cancel, you won't be able to run any version.

You can paste your system info here to see if someone can spot the issue (Help > System Info > Copy) or you can contact Adobe Customer Care. They can look at your computer remotely.

Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

If you can't find out why your browser is blocking Chat, you can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

You can find phone numbers here (you may be on hold for a while):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html 

~ Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have problem running latest version according to your system specs. Do you see any error or similar. I am on Windows by the way but still... I do not understand (probably and others) where is actual problem? You can not install or can not run latest version(s)? Can you describe problem in more details so someone may be able to help you. Description like can not update does not help much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "I have not been able to update photoshop for around two years". Can you describe how you tried to update and what did (not) happen? Your system should be able to run the latest version just fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, can you give the version of the Creative Cloud desktop that you are using?

Which error message do you get when trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines