• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use the liquify tool

Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use the Liquify tool at all & I think it's because my computer is old & the video card is too small.  I don't know if I should buy a new small gaming computer ( suggested by the guy that works on my desktop ) OR put in a bigger Nvida video card,  mine is only 2.0 GB.   

Is that possibly my problem or could it be something else. ?  I have CC so all of my updates get done regularly & so far it seems that everything else is working good. 

I don't do a lot of fancy work in PS,  but I recently purchased a program from another photographer that will require me to have a good working liquify tool.  It's using the new AI program tool , sounds exciting but I need everything working right first.  

I use Windows 10

janiceb4_0-1684348827504.png

janiceb4_1-1684348963879.png

janiceb4_2-1684349076696.png

I hope this information helps someone help me. 

Thank you 

Janice Butler 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the system requirements for Photoshop:

It looks like your GPU is too old based on the requirement that GPUs are less than 7 years old and the Nvidia GeForce GT 730 came out in 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @janiceb4 plainly - your GPU is not compatible and does not meet minimum requirements for current Photoshop builds. Your GPU is not DirectX 12 compatible, and has a speed of 719 mhz. (Recommended minimums are 2,000).

You will either need to upgrade your hardware to meet minimums, or roll back to a previous version of Photoshop. However, I'm not sure how far back you would need to go given these limited resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines