Exit

Canon EOS R7

Participant ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera has jpeg, Raw and C-Raw for file format -

Many suggest using only C-raw

Does Photoshop CC 2023, Bridge, Lightroom Classic accept and allow one to work with this format?

I am a very weak user of PS and Lightroom, any advice would be appreciated.

Previous Canon EOS 7D failed, and Canon no longer supports the mode.

CTS

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the list provided by Adobe for which camera and RAW formats are compatible with Camera Raw:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do NOT use C-Raw! It isn't supported in many functions (Denoise is one example).

Stick with "normal" raw; all will work fine.

Trust but verify. I just tried Denoise on a C-Raw from my new Canon R6 Mark II; it did work. My bad. 

I still wouldn't consider using it unless you have some massive storage issue, as this might change in the future. 

The camera raw supported URL provided indicates support for CR3, and yes, C-Raw shows that extension but do check the URL as some modifications of raw will not work in some areas of the Adobe Camera Raw engine. 

See: https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Cameras/Canon-C-RAW-Image-File-Format.aspx

IMHO, stick with "normal" raw; there's no free lunch here. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines