• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Print Studio Pro not in File -> Automate with CC 20.0.0

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated itself to CC2019 (Photoshop 20.0.0) yesterday.  Windows machine.

Canon Print Studio Pro has been in the File -> Automate menus for over 2 years, working perfectly.

Immediately after the update, Canon Print Studio Pro is not in the File -> Automate pull down.

I went to the Canon site and installed it.  No change.

Canon Help is unable to figure out why.  They tried putting it everywhere they could think of.

How do I get it working again?

(My feeling is that there should be a subdirectory someplace that should have a module that PS looks into at start-up, but I am unable to verify this).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Assuming Windows I have the application installed in C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro.

and two files in the Photoshop Plug-ins\PSP folder namely

c:\PROGRAM FILES\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP01.8LI

c:\PROGRAM FILES\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP02.8BF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming Windows I have the application installed in C:\Program Files\Canon\Print Studio Pro.

and two files in the Photoshop Plug-ins\PSP folder namely

c:\PROGRAM FILES\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP01.8LI

c:\PROGRAM FILES\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP\CNPSPP02.8BF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried re-installing Print Studio Pro from the latest download after it had disappeared from the Automate menu after the 2018 -> 2019 update of Photoshop but to no effect.

I searched my C drive for the CNPSPP01.8LI etc files and copied them to the appropriate file location (for me this was C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins\PSP

I had to create the PSP folder in Plug-ins.

Once the Canon files were present, after a Photoship restart, Print Studio was back.

The 2019 update also lost my Google and Tiffen DfX filters - had to put them back manually as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was having the same problem and this solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this repeatedly. I even removed photoshop and all canon untilities and reinstalled to no avail. The plug-ins are in the correct folder and nothing is happening. This is so frustrating because just last week I was printing from this computer. I am running on big sur 11.2.3 and I have the latest photoshop and newest software/drivers installed. Anyone else still having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you ...  did the same of reinstalling and still no go.

Made the PSP folder, copied the files and whalla ... it's all go again.

BUT can you perhaps solve this one for me?

My Canon Pro 1 takes AGES to print ... even on standard ... somethign weird happened ages ago that now everything prints really slowly.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got the Print Studio working but Im afraid I can't help you with your other problem.

I have a Canon Pro 1000 so I have no clue what is causing the problem...

Slow printing could be caused by a slow or problematic connection between the printer and the computer.

If it's USB I would try another USB cable or port.

If it's a network connection I would reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards,  I'll try all of that again incase I've missed something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on My MacOS10.13.6. I contacted Canon. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Then they sent me a "FIX" by email which turned out to be " ICC profiles supporting other Fine Art Paper exclusive for the PRO-100S series." Absolutely nothing to do with the problem. How do they employ these people. They seem to have no knowledge of the prodect. Rant over. Is there any one here who can help on an Mac. I am old and not very computer savvy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to c: and program files, Adobe. Look for the Plugins folder. Go to PSP and copy that folder. Go to the current Photoshop. Rename that PSP file to PSP1 or whatever. Paste the copied folder in the Plugin's folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I have the MAC OS 10.13.6. Don't know how to solve for a MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Went to plugin in folder for PS. Made a new folder PSP1, I had been able to install the Print Studio Pro into the photoshop folder. Opened it up and moved the plugins to my new my folder. I opened up Photoshop again and Automate was like it should be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working on Mac. 10.14.1, the fix should be the same for 10.13.

In Finder: Applications -> Canon Utilities -> Print Studio Pro

Run Plug-In Install

If Lightroom is found it will prompt you. Choose Yes or No.

Click Next (not Exit)

Choose the Adobe Photoshop (64bit) option

Browse... Select the Applications -> Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 (or 2018) -> Plug-Ins, Click Open

Click Next in Plug-In Installer window

It might prompt you for an administrator password

"Installation completed successfully."

In Automate I see two added items: Canon Layout Plugin and Canon Print Studio Pro

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! thanks so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help anyone trying to get Print Studio Pro to pop up on the Photoshop "Automate" dropdown, if you're using Mac. After following other instructions on how to install the plug in, I checked where the plug-in was located in my files. It was in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 - Plug-Ins - Generator - Print Studio Pro.

What I did was drag the Print Studio Pro folder out of the "Generator" file and move it to be a sub folder of Plug-Ins.  It asked for a sign in authentication, but once I did that, I re-opened CC 2019, and checked the Automate, and there were two more Canon options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggeld for more than a day to solve this (copying and relocating print studio pro files in several places).  I hope that sharing this may help others to find a quick and easy solution. The correct procedure to follow was ... on my Mac hidden in a text file from Canon.  

Here follows the info from Canon with some personal remarks :

If Print Studio Pro does not appear in Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom's menu even after installing Print Studio Pro, follow these steps to install the Photoshop Plug-In.

1. Exit Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom.

2. From the [Go] menu of Finder, select [Applications], then double-click the [Canon Utilities] folder, [Print Studio Pro] folder, then [Plug-In Install] icon.

On my mac (Catalina 10.15.1) Mac HD ==> Apps ==> Canon Utilities ==> Print Studio Pro ==> Install files ==> Plug-in install .app (with disc picture). Read also "how to start" text, of which this is a partly copy. 

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install. 

do not “exit”, but “next” and indicate for which version you want the Print Studio to be installed (in my case LR 64bit).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadie, there's stil an issue with PSP and Catalina runing through Photoshop CC. There's a known glitch which crashes PSP when opening through the File/Automate route. You get the message "An error has occurred.
Exiting Print Studio Pro" when trying to opening it. Canon are on the case apparently but still awaiting a fix. I'm guessing Canon were waiting for the release of PS 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I am having the same problem and have tried most of the above. Been pulling my hair out. Glad you posted. I will wait for Canon to sort fix. Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Hope it gets fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no sign of Fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone:

I was having this problem too. 

The fix is as follows and you can actually find this in the Starting.txt file provide by canon in the

Program Files\Canon\PrintStudio Pro folder directory(folder)

Windows 10x64 with PhotoShop 2020

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

- If Print Studio Pro does not appear in Photoshop, Photoshop
Elements or Lightroom's menu even after installing Print Studio
Pro, follow these steps to install the Photoshop Plug-In.

1. Exit Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom.

2. From the [Start] menu, select [All Programs] - [Canon
Utilities] - [Print Studio Pro] - [Print Studio Pro
Plug-In Install].

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install.

++++++++++++++++++++

I simply selected Photoshop 64 bit from the list of applications, moved on, and manually pointed the target

directory to  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins  during the install.

The instller automatically creates the PSP sub-folder, copies the necessary files

and then you should be good to go when you re-start photoshop..

** i had previously tried doing this manually but plugins failed to load, letting the installer

do its thing fixed whatever was broken, probably path variables****

Hope it works for you guys.

-HappyCat2986

Click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines