Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Pro-200 printer install and Adobe CC PS green tint

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sirs,

Can you help me I use Adobe CC Photoshop and PS Bridge with a LG Flatron W2261V Screen and until recently an Epson P600 printer. The latter failed during lockdown due to non-use and I have since installed a Canon Pro200. On opening files in PS Bridge the film strip momentarily shows the correct colours but almost immediately they all change and take on a light green tint. When opened in Photoshop from PS Bridge they immediately show this tint/hue. The previews of these file on the home page of Photoshop show the correct colours but again when opened from there show the green tint.

I have 2 options to print. Photoshop manages the colour or the printer manages it. When printing and Photoshop manages it the print is as expected (no Green tint). If the printer Pro200 is set to manage the colours, the print gets the same green tint as viewed on the screen.

I also have a secondary printer used for day to day stuff, a Canon 3600. When printing from Photoshop to this printer there is no options for colour management. Photoshop is showing the green tint but when printing to the Canon 3600 the print is as expected, no green tint and correct colours.

I have also tried opening the photos in Microsoft Photos and there is no green tint to any of the photos and printed on the Pro 200 from there show correct colours.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pro-200 which has not resolved the issue. Currently I have uninstalled all Canon software and the Pro-200 printer and I am now left with a green tint on all my photos when viewing in Photoshop or PS Bridge.

I have found that if I open and photo and then ‘Assign Profile..’ under Edit and select a Canon PRO-200 paper profile it changes the preview to what I am expecting to see (traditional black & White grayscale photo). After saving this ‘change’ I open the photo up again in MS Photo the picture now has a sepia tone to it.

Please help, I would love to use my new printer but don’t want to be assigning profiles to each photo I have been editing of years of use or Adobe products.

Is there a way of removing the Canon Pro-200 profiles from Adobe as this seems to be part of the problem or is there a better way for me to move forward with this issue I am having.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of what you do indicates or qualifies as actual color management and that very much is your problem. All your results are mere lucky coincidence. You may want to study up on the basics. That said, why would you not simply enable "print greyscale only" or whatever the option is called in the printer driver if that's really what you want?

Understand Photoshop color management

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much going on here so lets start with two tests:

1. Images that appear to have a green tint as you've shown. Appears they are supposed to be neutral. In Photoshop, what's the RGB values of that data? When R=G=B this IS a neutral. If you see a green color cast, this is a display issue (it may be an issue with your GPU, settings for HDR if on or a corrupted display profile). Let's fix that first. 

As for printing. You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such that they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image-specific issues causing the problems:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip
This and other such documents can also be downloaded at http://www.digitaldog.net/

And use Application (Photoshop in this case) Manages Color WITH a good and appropriate printer profile.  

How does the print, not the display appear? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I also have a secondary printer used for day to day stuff, a Canon 3600. When printing from Photoshop to this printer there is no options for colour management. "

do you mean there's no "Photoshop Manages Color"option in the print dialog?

Thts very surprising if so.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines