• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS FOR ME, THNAKS

JAIME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great. Easy fix in 20 seconds.

- Just create a new document, drop a text cursor, type something, highlight it, and return to your document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. 
thank very much indeed. 
Such a bizarre bug lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not work for me and I still don't know what to do, ughhh this is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exiting the actual document and reopen it again. And it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and I thought I was doing something wrong or pressed the wrong keys that disable all of those options. But it was working last night, so I am not sure what is going on. I will restart my mac and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was fixed for a day and now back to being buggy. Not text tool nor transform boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the Adobe site and had a chat with a very knowledgable support person. We did a share screen and she went to the (Mac) Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2019 Settings/Adobe Photoshop Preferences... and renamed it _old. When restarting Photoshop it created a new Preferences file, and everything worked perfectly. I also restarted the machine to test if it still worked, and no problems after that. She explained that probably my file was created with Photoshop 2018 (which it was), and that the Preferences file got corrupted. Hope this helps you guys too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed a few of the recommend fixes and none seemed to work for me so I connected with the Adobe support chat and screen-shared, they were able to fix the issue by reseting all my tools. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kasief64273145, how did you do that?

I followed a few of the recommend fixes and none seemed to work for me so I connected with the Adobe support chat and screen-shared, they were able to fix the issue by reseting all my tools. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the tools didn't work for me. It did that, then turned the graphics processor back on, and it happened again. Turned the graphics processor off and it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset all the tools and set performance at Legacy compositing.

Restarted two times.

Now it works, highlighting and text box now shows up when trying to scale.

Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing

and restart Photoshop.

hope it works for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it didn't fix anything for me. The only consistent fix has been to turn graphics processing off. I turned it back on and the problem came back... until I turned it off and restarted Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. Maybe that's what worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this to fix another problem which resulted in this problem. Trying the uninstall again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all these things to get my Text highlight or even the text cursor to show again.  Nothing worked.  I guess I will try uninstall and reinstall to see. This is getting SERIOUSLY annoying since Adobe just raised their prices for team users too.... pay more, get worse.

Come on Adobe.  Stop breaking things in your software.  I had to revert to Premier 2018 as well since 2019 broke my upgraded project files.

FYI:  I am running OS 10.13.6 and upgraded all my Adobe software to latest version.  So far, I am far from impressed and more things broke than got better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this issue after uninstalling and reinstalling to fix the "bounding box missing" bug. So far I've tried all of the suggestions in this forum (legacy compositing, tool reset, graphics processor on/off) with no result. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and now it's working, but I'm afraid of it causing another bug again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too (as well as having no visible transformation frame), and found that just by creating a New Document, and highlighting text within that document, it seems to get things working properly again.

Come on Adobe, get your sh*t together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Creating a new document worked for me. Hard to believe that such a foundational issue keeps coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues. I couldn't see any of my transform controls and I couldn't highlight text or see my text cursor. I could still DO everything, but it was all invisible, difficult to edit, and driving me nuts.

What DID NOT work for me was:

1) resetting photoshop

2) resetting my computer

3) toggling options like "show transform controls"

4) logging in and out of my Adobe account

5) updating photoshop

What DID work for me, in this order, was:

1) Holding "command + k" to open preferences

2) Selecting "Reset Preferences On Quit"

(at this point my transform controls were back, but my text highlighting/cursor was still not working on existing files)

3) Creating a new document and using the text tool

(somehow this allowed my text to work properly on new and existing documents)

Super annoying because you'll have to reformat the windows and settings you like in photoshop, but ultimately ended up fixing it for me. This is working at least for now. Spent way too much time trouble shooting this issue this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also. What a pain in the rear. Thanks for the step break-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The renaming preferences worked for me.  Restarted PS and opening the file a couple of times and then it started working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines