• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Could not save the file because the file is locked in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the whole message says " Could not save (file) because the file is locked, you do not have the necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file.  Use the "Properties" command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file.

I have Windows 10 so have looked in the properties command of File Explorer and there is no way to unlock a file.  I have also looked at the previous forums and have had no success.  I was thinking Google Drive might have something to do with this. 

I'm thinking the only thing to do is to uninstall PS and reinstall (which I don't know how to do).  Unless anyone else has a bright idea.

Thanks a lot. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

I found the answer on another thread.  It was the anti virus causing the problem.  I uninstalled Avast and now I can save.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to uninstall avast you just have to add photoshop to the whitelist in avast allowed apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just did this. Added photoshop to Avast whitelist and now i can save. Thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't uninstalled my Avast. I only added PS to Block and Allowed apps and tried saving. it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used Avast and have same problem. But, I'm not unistalled my avast.

I tried to allowed apps in Ransomware Shield feature.

1. Open Avast.

2. Open Protection

3. Choose Ransomware Shield

4. Click 'Blocked/allowed apps'

5. Allow An App

6. Add Photoshop from directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop cc 2018\Photoshop.exe

Now, my Photoshop can save and my problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anton_dkei: Very useful! Thank U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you so much!! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then disable your antivirus when you work on adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Just disable the ransom-ware protection. With my antivirus you can disable it for certain file types. So do whichever is most convenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks its work for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked! (i used AVG)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just running the photoshop as administrator solved the problem for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked for me. I wasn't using any antivirus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it with this. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let anyone with a similar problem know: With my system the issue was not with virus protection but Creative Cloud and it's sync function. After I disabled sync from the CC app, this saving issue dissappeared.

My system is Microsoft Surface Book 2 and photoshop 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! how do you do that? thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud app. On the upper right hand side there is a cloud icon. In this menu you can find a pause syncing button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't uninstall your anti virus lol. Just go to settings on your anti virus, blocked apps, and remove photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your photoshop application in the settings of sensitive data shield in Avast asallowed apps. This will help you to save the files and rework to save options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem, and it's specifically the Ransomeware Shield. So you can disable it or add Photoshop as an "Allowed App".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, at last I find your answer, it works, can't believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Yes! Yes! Uninstalling Avast worked! This was about to drive me totally crazy! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! And, f**k you Avast!

Screenshot_20200410-220428_Gallery.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, I never had that issue before, but I just disabled Avast and it was able to save. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was almost sure that shite was ruining things. Wasn't able to also save directly from camera raw with permission's issue. After that i wasn't able to save the files I've created. This fixed it. Thanks! Life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I overcome this type of problem by ctrl+alt+shift+s while we need to save and the file is save as a web in over determine location. And right click on the image and choose ms office photo viewer to open and print that image.  This is the method who do not need to uninstall the avast free antivirus.  Bye friends use this and also reply me if this method is useful for you by Remo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines