• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas stops updating in Photoshop 2021 on macOS Mojave - can't do nothing with photo, except saving

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a very annoying problem with photoshop and it's happening very random.

As you can see in the video, after 1:28, when I add an anchor point, nothing happens. Somehow the photo is stuck. If I do something, nothing happens, at 1:34 I'm zooming out, at 1:42 image to greyscale. Nothing is happening with the photo, but you can see in the History, the photo is in greyscale. The only thing I can do with the photo is saving it (luckily). 

The screens doesn't refresh if I make it a floating window. And it's only specific for 1 photo. If I have opened multiple photo's and the canvas stops updating with a photo I'm working on, the other photo's don't have that problem. 

Sometimes it happens after 7 actions and then after maybe 30 actions or more. This morning it happened already 4 times in 5 minutes and one time after 3 second. I opened a photo and only used zoom and the hand tool.

I already uninstalled photoshop en reinstalled it again, but the problem is still there.

I'm using a iMac with macOS Mojave

Anyone else having this problem?

The link of the video: https://vimeo.com/500025422/82f56c28cf

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you are facing in Photoshop 2021 with the canvas not updating as you work. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you are using? Since when are you facing this issue? Did this start after a update update? 

Also, just to clarify, this is happening with any image you working on & not a specific image (the one you have showed in the video), right? 

If you are experiencing this behavior with multiple images randomly, then try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening very random and with any image. Sometimes after 5 actions, sometimes after 30 action and sometimes it doesn't happens at all. And if I have opened multiple photo's, the issue is only with the photo I'm working on. 

I'm having this issue maybe a year, I think. I already had it in version 21. This morning I updated photshop to version 22.4.2 and after a few minutes it happend again. 

I've now disabled Graphic Processor in the Preferences and will try this for now.

And if this does not work, I''ll reset the preferences.

Thanks for now and I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I Christian I was looking for a fix for this bug myself too. Did you happen to get it fixed? I'd really appreciate some help 🙂 thank you
-Pablo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines