• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture pattern - problem with dotted shadowing appearing on the pattern tile

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed these dotted shapes appearing on the preview of the  capture patterning and thought that it was a screen issue and would not be seen on the actual pattern file.  However it does appear on the finished article.  I have just reinstalled the latest photoshop but doubt that's the problem. 

I'd appreciate the community's help in resolving this problem.   Pattern making in Ai is fine.  Although I usually make patterns from my raster images,l  this image is a pattern made from a vector file placed in photoshop, 

The following are my  operating system details

A Dell computer
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 52A97E28-96F1-448B-9440-3C6F75051FAB
Product ID 00330-53334-70972-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎13/‎01/‎2021
OS build 19044.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

What do you have installed for Graphics Card(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Intel(R) UHD GRaphics 630

collardr_0-1649368139035.png

Many thanks for your response Kevin,  

I used to have Nvidia on my other computer so perhaps that is the problem here - although if it was simply a preview of the pattern I'd assume it wouldn't affect the actual image file.  Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Kevin I've now discovered the graphics card is built into this computer so not upgradeable - sadly. Present thought is to make use of a high spec gaming computer to connect to the monitor when I need to do patterning! 

Thanks again for your insight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have installed for Graphics Card(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) UHD GRaphics 630

collardr_0-1649368139035.png

Many thanks for your response Kevin,  

I used to have Nvidia on my other computer so perhaps that is the problem here - although if it was simply a preview of the pattern I'd assume it wouldn't affect the actual image file.  Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin I've now discovered the graphics card is built into this computer so not upgradeable - sadly. Present thought is to make use of a high spec gaming computer to connect to the monitor when I need to do patterning! 

Thanks again for your insight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#CardRequirements

I'm following this site's guidelined to configuring the performance settings in Photoshop.  There're a few adjustments I can make so crossing fingers this will correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines