• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC download manager: Other versions removed?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not remove the legacy "other verisons" downloads from the CC manager so soon after a new major release. 

I'm stuck with a regression introduced in PS 22.5 (still in 23.0) and can not get prior builds earlier than 22.5.2 that work (22.4.3). It's a subscription product so it should not matter what I run. There is no point forcing obsolence. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shootmachine 

• When you install the new version, there is a checkbox to keep the old version.
  • You can reinstall the one previous from the Adobe Creative Cloud.
  • Turn off automatic updates in the CC app and update when you read that it is stable.
  • ProDesign Tools has direct downloads to some older versions. Check here:
    https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud updated and turned on auto updates, which I had turned off. Then it installed all the new software and I don't have access to 2021 products anymore.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe quit supporting older versions in the CC Desktop App a few years ago.  They expect customers to use the latest software, no more than 2 versions back.  If you don't need new features in the latest updates, don't install them.  I rarely do.  There is an option to disable automatic app updates in CC Desktop preferences.  Click your Avatar > Preferences > Apps tab > disable Auto-update.   See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC, If you click "all apps" > (find the app in the list) > "..." > "other verisons", all builds WERE here. 

You cant install the old verisons from creative cloud now because Adobe Product managment have removed all verisons except 22 LTS just becasue 23 is out. This is annoying marketing manager behaviour and its stupid. 

Having the roll back mechanism was heaven. Checkboxes to keep old version just in case were always great in hindsight. I can restore from Time Machine of course, but we are back to sw managment from 2010 - CC starts to look like a hostage situation and not a service.  

The vendor should provide the downloads, not hide them because marketing. This is how you propegate malware and piracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're preaching to the choir here.  We're just fellow product users like you.

If you wish to leave feedback, please put it where the Creative Cloud product engineers will see it. 😉 

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent here by suppport, but thank you - I will do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably every user on this user forum agrees with you, it would be better to have older versions available.  But Adobe is going by their policy as stated here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html#cci

You can and probably should raise the issue with Creative Cloud engineers, but chances are they are simply executing what they were told to implement. Although it might take quite an effort to get Adobe to put the older versions back in the Creative Cloud installer, for a more immediate solution, older installers should still be available at the link that jane-e provided in an earlier reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shootmachine wrote:

The vendor should provide the downloads, not hide them because marketing. This is how you propegate malware and piracy.

I agree in principle, but to be clear, the link I gave you from @ProDesignTools for a direct download is a trusted source.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find direct download links for previous versions here:

https://prodesigntools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.

Reading the comments on that site, doesn't seem like it's an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it looks like the page has changed. The process outlined is still viable. Contact Adobe Customer Care and ask them for the install links for a previous release due to your machine not being compatible with current installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines