• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2022 is not scaling the interface to 200%

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know whether this is a bug so I am putting it up for discussion. Menu text and icons are the same size (very small) regardless of when using 100%, 200% or auto. My PC is new, i9, RTX 3070. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Have you tried closing Photoshop and reducing the scaling amount in Windows.

Photoshop requires at least 1280 x 800 screen size after scaling.  Assuming you have a 4K monitor (3840 x 2160), 350% scaling would make that  screen effectively 1097 x 617 which is below the minimum. Try 200% which would make it 1920 x 1080 and meet those minimum requirements.

You will need to close and restart after each change so that Photoshop picks up the changes correctly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have high density screen Photoshop will respect what is set in Display Settings. Changes in Preferences probably won't change anything. There is discussion with explanation but I can not find it right now.

Maybe this blog post can help App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX 2019) - Dan Antonielli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows' scaling set to 350%. I followed the steps the article and tried all three options but it did not seem to help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post screenshots to illustrate the settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should show how small the menu text is in addition to showing you the preferences.

PS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't touch the Photoshop preferences, leave it at auto.

Photoshop picks up the scaling you set in Windows settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the menu text is as large as it is going to get. I've posted a screenshot above at the full resolution of my monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scaling in Windows 11 is set at 350%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried closing Photoshop and reducing the scaling amount in Windows.

Photoshop requires at least 1280 x 800 screen size after scaling.  Assuming you have a 4K monitor (3840 x 2160), 350% scaling would make that  screen effectively 1097 x 617 which is below the minimum. Try 200% which would make it 1920 x 1080 and meet those minimum requirements.

You will need to close and restart after each change so that Photoshop picks up the changes correctly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines