• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color of Marquee Selection Tool

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My marquee selection tool was recently changed to a solid black line when making the selection before switching to the "dancing" dotted line once the selection is made (to be transparent, this change could've been made by me on accident when tinkering in preferences). The problem is that the solid black selection line is often hard to see on images I'm working on, and I was wondering if I could change it to a different color somehow like how you can in preferences with guides, slices, etc. I looked through preferences but I couldn't find it, perhaps I missed it in there. I'm using Photoshop 23.4.1 on a Macbook.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue suddenly happen to me on both my computers (one is using an NVIDIA card and the other an AMD card).  Restarting did nothing.  Updating to the latest version (25.5.1) did nothing.  Unchecking "Deactivate Native Canvas" did nothing.  Unchecking individual items in the graphics "Advanced Settings" did nothing.

Unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" did solve the problem, but I'm not sure why I should now have to take a performance hit to have a usable selection window.  As this problem is affecting both NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards, it seems like a bug that is independent of the graphcis driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also add that now with the graphics turned off, when I draw a new marquee it flashes/lags when creating the outline in lieu of a smoth outline creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out

Help > GPU Compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Driver compatibility is good, by the way.  Not sure why Adobe doesn't notify me when someone has replied to my posts when I have that setting turned on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A computer restart resolved the issue on both computers for now.  I had assumed a program restart was the solution when I saw it in another thread, but realize now they must have actually meant a computer restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines