Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Change Info Box from Displaying Percentage to Int or Float Value when using Eye Drop Tool?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Eyedropper to query values and the Info panel to see the real-time feedback. Is there a way to change the way that the Opacity as well as the Grayscale choices are displayed under the Info tab when using the Eye drop tool to query pixel information?

When I set it to Grayscale I get a value as a percentage. The same for opacity. 

The drop down that specifies the bit depth does not change how the value is displayed.

It would be convenient if this could be an option you set in the info panel options to display as percentage, inverse percentage (as is the case with grayscale since it appears to be displaying the amount of K and not the floating point or integer representation of black as 0), int, or float. 

I mention this because I'm embedding image information directly in the unused alpha channel of my image to record important data that a game engine uses when processing the image files and having the flexibility to display the data as I need would be very helpful.

I realize I could just set to RGB and ignore everything but one channel to read the integer bit value, but why not have the option to change how it is displayed? I'm sure other people would find a use for it someplace.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines