Change the background color

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to do a quite basic operation on Photoshop : I just created a new image and I'd like to change the background color. I can choose a « background content » in the menu when I create the new image like this :

Capture d’écran 2022-07-13 à 11.36.00.png

But then I can't find the way to set a new background color. Nothing happens when I use this tool…

Capture d’écran 2022-07-13 à 11.39.38.png

Thx for your help !

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Tool? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

If the Background Layer is selected, you can set the Foreground Color and hit alt-backspace to fill it with that color. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

hit alt-backspace to fill it with that color. 

@Seb Mainguet Use Option+Delete (the one above Return) on your Mac.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He is using the Color Picker with web-safe colors checked on. Can anyone tell me if that is still necessary?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines