• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed Adobe Account because work related offer, now all my LOCALLY saved files appear to be gone

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always saved my Photoshop projects locally, so my assumption was that they could not be removed/deleted by any one else but me. So i was quite surprised that I could not find any project I worked on for the past two years....

Does anyone know why I can't find my files anymore (not in the map I saved them, nor via any other way). Did Adobe really extract/delete the files from my Mac? And if so, is that even allowed? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

If you saved to the creative cloud folder, you didn't save locally, you saved to Adobe's cloud storage service. It's just like Dropbox. That folder is a shortcut.

It sounds like you're logging into a different Adobe account, so naturally you won't have access to the files in your other account. You need to log into the old Adobe account.

And next time, go to a hard drive on your machine, not the CC folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that all my Indesign files are still on my Mac. So it feels kinda random that my PS projects are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the constant replying to myself, but it seems that the folder in which i saved my files (named: creative cloud files) has been replaced by a new folder with the same name. Is there any way to get my old folder (and projects) back???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved to the creative cloud folder, you didn't save locally, you saved to Adobe's cloud storage service. It's just like Dropbox. That folder is a shortcut.

It sounds like you're logging into a different Adobe account, so naturally you won't have access to the files in your other account. You need to log into the old Adobe account.

And next time, go to a hard drive on your machine, not the CC folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! But if that folder would only be a shortcut to the cloud, then the files should be in the cloud, woudn't they? Because that isn't so.

And besides from that, I always choose the option 'save on pc' in Photoshop, that hopefully means that I did this and not save them in a shortcut map 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(the files are not in the cloud of my old account I mean)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a bit ashamed. I thought they weren't in my old account, but when I took another look they were (had to choose synchronised files). So D Fosse thanks for your answer 🙂 I'll make sure to save my files into another (back up) device the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines