• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to appearance and behaviour after 22.4.3

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 22.4.3 I am experiencing quite a few differences and bugs?

I had to diable the graphics processor in the preferences otherwise PS would hang every other image when using brushes.

The outline of the pen tool is different, smaller and behaves more nervous. Before drawing a path with the pen would be rock steady now the line is thin and it looks like my hand shakes a lot more 😞

The transform tool box is not immediately visible after using the tool. I have to move it around a bit before it shows and the outline of the box is again very thin.

The running ants are shown in a thinner line?

Anyone else experiencing this? I cannot say this delivers a better working experience 😞

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pen tool is now tied to GPU performance. Turning it off has negatively affected your pen tool/pathing.

What do you have for a graphics card and VRAM?

Before turning GPU completely off, did you try going into advanced settings and adjusting the specifics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I tried altering the GPU settings as well. Still PS hangs every other images when using brushes (mix of regular). I tried with different drawing modes and turning of OpenCL.

I use an Imac Pro with  a Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB. Never this issue before. I have now reverted back to 22.4.2 and everything is perfect again. The pen tool now draws more steadily and has a thicker drawing line (in blue). Selections appear thicker and the transform tool operates normally again.

I reckon I stay away from updating for the time being.

Thx for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you quit and relaunch PS after each performance change? Any edits to those settings requires a restart in order for them to take effect. It's tedious but needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure anymore. I will try upgrading towards 22.4.4 when it appears and hopefully will not experience anything of the stuff 22.4.3 gave me.

For now 22.4.2 is working  perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines