• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing perspect of portrait photo

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a photograph in preparation for painting a portrait.  Unfortunately, the photo of the statue was taken from below.  How can I adjust the photo so the view is at eye level?  I am using Photoshop from Creative 6.0

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge you cannot. You should try AI onlline softwares on the web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@barbarad7330561 I'm wondering if you might be able to get close enough for painting references using the Perspective Warp tool? Here's a quick example:

JainLemos_0-1660322902285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my quick attempt with Edit>Transform>Distort:

1B.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leslie,

Thank you very much for your answer.  I will try it out, but your approach looks excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome! Be aware that the Distort tool can cause artifacts/blurring here and there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Leslie.  It would have been difficult to get a shot that was not looking up her nose, because she is so far up the cathedral wall.  All you could do is get as far back as you can. and use a long lens.  I had a look for a better angle but found nothing.  If the OP could find someone in Norwich who was prepared to get a better angle — with a drone perhaps — it would give a much better eye height perspective than transforming the above image.  

Julian of Norwich

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo, for recognizing Julian of Norwich!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor! And I didn't even know this was in Norwich, which is where my ancestors came to America from. (That was not a very good sentence so don't tell my old English teacher)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my quick attempt with Edit>Transform>Distort:

By @Leslie Moak Murray

for someting that cannot be done... I found this first approach very impressive... great insight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@barbarad7330561 wrote:

I am using Photoshop from Creative 6.0

What’s interesting is that the current version of Photoshop has a machine-learning-powered Neural Filter called Smart Portrait, and it has an option called Head Direction that can synthesize a horizontal head rotation. But it does not currently include an option to rotate a head up and down. If it did, that could have helped here. But not yet. Maybe some day they will add a vertical rotation, for situations like this.

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

…could find someone in Norwich who was prepared to get a better angle — with a drone perhaps — it would give a much better eye height perspective than transforming the above image.  

Maybe…but maybe not. Many statues that were mounted high on buildings were intentionally sculpted with a perspective that appears natural when viewed from the low ground level angle (the way most people would see it), but ends up not looking natural at the level of the statue. If someone got a camera up high enough to be level with the statue, it might appear oddly distorted, by design.

It’s possible that the solutions offered here might be better than if you could get a higher shot of the statue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines