• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the size/rotation of an image added to a scene

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PhotoShop, I have a natural scene and insert an image, say a human into the scene..

I then realise the image is too large for the scene & its orientation is not okay.

Can I resize the image & re-orientate it WITHIN THE SCENE, that is, without returning to the original image? A month or two ago, clicking the image (human) brought up some dashed frame round the image and also some mini handles for adjusting the rotation.

But I can't find these frames or guides?

How do I recover them?

With them, it was so easy to resize the image or change its roration.

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, LinSims.

Why can't get a straight answer to my question on resizing/rotating an image copied to a scene?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't get a straight answer to my question on resizing/rotating an image copied to a scene?

Because you posed the question on the wrong Forum? 

Please post meaningful screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …). 

Did you previously have »Show Transform Controls« checked in the Options Bar for the Move Tool but don’t anymore? 

Did you place the inserted image as a Smart Object? 

Edit: 

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 14.23.32.pngScreenshot 2021-08-16 at 14.23.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO ,UCH, Pffafenbichler.

I attended to the Transform Controls & inserted my image as a smart object.

THAT DID THE TRICK.

I can now play with an object's size and rotation once it is inserted on the scene.

I am not quite sure anbout the transform controls but |I hope to learn.

Thanks you again. (Your hasme is rather logn & tricky).

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated by @c.pfaffenbichler you are probably missing  »Show Transform Controls« checked. Alternativelly use Ctrl/Cmd + T shortcut to activate Edit > Free Transform. After rotating and scaling content press Enter/Return or click on checkmark in the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Bojan,

The free Transform & Smart object did the trick.

I am still learning but I can now play with  an inserted Object (Scsle & rotation)

Thank you, Thank you.

|Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines