• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Channels in Photoshop - shift + cmd + option not working for brighest highlight?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem in Photoshop when I go into Channels to create different Luminosity Masks. Highlight selection works fine when I use "cmd" on RGB and select save selection as channel. But, when I then have to make a selection of the brightest highlights on this channel using cmd + option + shift, then nothing happens. Shortcuts do not work. I have searched on youtube but without success. Anyone can help?
macOS Monterey
Photoshop 23.3.2

Skærmbillede 2022-06-14 kl. 20.14.49.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand your process. 

cmd-alt-shift-clicking the Channel icon would intersect an existing Selection with the one saved in the Channel. 

What exactly are you tring to achieve? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for your message. I want to make luminosity masks for color grading. Watching a video on youtube and will do the same. She discusses the Luminosity topic 2 minutes inside the video if you have time to see the shortcut keys she uses.
Sincerely, Christian

https://youtu.be/JPtfKJ6Cli8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean Inverting a Selection that is triggered (by default) by cmd-shift-I, see the menu 

Select > Inverse 

If you just want to load a Channel as a Selection then just cmd-click the Channel’s icon. 

The person in the tutorial seems to keep calling Channels »Layers«, so there might be some liberty with nomenclature in the voice-over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl-clicking RGB (or ctrl+alt+2) will give you the luminosity mask.

That mask can be modified with any pixel tool; Curves, Levels, Threshold, whatever you want.

Edit - Oh, OK, substitute ctrl/cmd etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I have it. click cmd on the RGB and save the highlight selection channel. Stand on that channel and click cmd. Hold down Shift + cmd + option and at the same time click on the highlight channel. Then the darkest channel appears. Then only the brightest highlight is selected. That's what I wanted .... thanks for your help. Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines