Cintiq Pro Touch Gestures not working in Photoshop (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help. Everytime I come to use my Cintiq Pro in Photoshop the Touch Gestures have stop working. The only solution I have found is a complete Mac restart which when trying to meet deadlines takes an age and isnt a practical solution. All drivers are upto date as is Photoshop. This has been happening for months now through all the latest OSX  versions and Photoshop versions. Enable Gestures is clicked on in the preferences and Touch is enabled on the Cintiq. Driving me mad and slowly forcing me not to use Photoshop and the Cintiq which are a key part of my workflow. Thanks in advance.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the touch gestures of Cintiq Pro have stopped working in Photoshop. We're here to help. 

Does Photoshop recognize your device? Did you try re-downloading and installing the drivers? Do you see this issue with just Photoshop? Can you check if the graphics processor is enabled or not? (Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings and check the box for 'Use Graphics Processor.')

Did you try re-installing the application? Do you remember from which version of Photoshop you started noticing this issue?

You can try resetting Photoshop preferences using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and thanks for responding. Photoshop recognises the device and works perfectly if I restart the Mac. The problem arise if I switch of the cintiq and then come back to it. All up to date drivers etc and the Graphics processer is enabled. Has happend for the lat year and ahlf to 2 years through all the version of photoshop. The only thing I havent done is rest preferences as I am relunctant to lose settings etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines