Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Circular object present - new layer created with every edit

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm just starting to use Photoshop on my iPad and have gotten into some mode that I cannot get out of.  There is a circle in my workspace that I can move around.  It's not a brush and I'm not sure what it is.  I think it's also affecting my edits, because every time I try to work on an existing layer and try to edit, and new layer is being created with those edits.  Trying to find out how to get out of this mode.  

Thanks!

Christine

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christine!
I am assuming this is Photoshop mobile so just to tell you that this circle is actually the touch shortcut.
If you don't like it here, just long press and drag it around!
Check those quick tutorials to see what you can do with it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/how-to/learn-photoshop-ipad.html?promoid=YXPZG1SG&mv=other

check the other tutorials on the side of the website, to follow along as you learn

Imaginerie_0-1678722002280.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Imaginerie, good to know and thanks so much for the feedback!

It seems the other issue I reported -   "every time I try to work on an existing layer and try to edit, and new layer is being created with those edits."  - is not related to the touch shortcut.  Any idea what layer mode would cause a new layer to be created every time an edit is made on an existing layer?

Thanks again!

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the edits you're trying to do on the images?
(I can see you have only two layers on your screenshot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured it out.  I had deleted the extra layers before taking the previous screenshot which is why it shows only two layers.  It looks like the layer I was trying to edit was considered a smart object, so any time I tried to edit it the edits were being rendered on a new layer. There is a message that says smart objects can't be edited on mobile devices (see attached).

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines