Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleaning up outlined text into 2 colors

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to clean up the graphic below which I scanned in. I need to turn the white border into transparent (for printing on white vinyl) and have a solid black outline with red interior. The issue is that this will be quite a large graphic so I want the lines to be perfectly smooth and I just don't know how to accomplish this. Any help is appreciated!

Garage5C6B_0-1630676807755.png

Thanks,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

"The issue is that this will be quite a large graphic"

You would be better off recreating the graphic in Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be using Illustrator at the end to recreate the majority of text and to vectorize it. I've been working in photoshop to change all the colors and get the borders as good as possible before vectorizing though. You say it's better to do this in illustrator? Do you mean using the Pen tool and tracing the letters? Or another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Garage,

In addition to what Ged said so well, you can start by seacrhing for Rectangle Tool, Live Corners, Offset Path, Direct Selection Tool, Add Anchot Point Tool, Shape Builder, and Knockout Group/Opacity Mask (if you wish/must, but maybe unnecessary because generally in printing, white means no ink), here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=&scope=%5B%22helpx%22%5D&subscope=%5B%5D&limit=10&star...

You can also use the Pen Tool here and there.

Edit: I believe this is my very first PS post outside SFTW, and it may soon be gone, leaving none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines