• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click location not at cursor location

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Photoshop 2021 (22.5.1) on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - I'm using a laptop with a 4k display and a secondary 4k display.

Whenever I try to use any selection tool on my secondary display, the selected area is offset above and to the right of the cursor position. In the attached screengrab, the point at the left-hand end of the straight line is where the cursor was at the start of the selection, the point at the right-hand end of the straight line is where the selection began. Unfortunately, the screengrab doesn’t capture the mouse cursor, but it’s near the left-hand end of the straight line.

If I try this on the laptop display, the issue is mirrored, and the selection is above and to the left of the cursor position.

The issue also affects dropdown menus – if I click on the Help menu, the help menu correctly appears, but as soon as I move the mouse cursor onto the Help menu, it closes, and the View menu opens. Menu items and sub-menus can be correctly selected, as can controls and buttons in dialogues.

This issue only affects Photoshop and makes it unusable. All other applications such as Lightroom work correctly.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution (both my monitors have the same resolution, are aligned, but have slightly different scaling). All I needed to do was switch the primary monitor over, save and then switch it back and save again. It seems to have resolved it and after a couple of restarts it’s still working ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I previously thought was a solution (above) didn't actually work beyond disconnecting and reconnecting the secondary monitor. I have now identified where the problem arises, and I'd say it's definitely a bug - it's using "Edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom.

If I export an image from Lightroom, start Photoshop and open the exported image from Photoshop the selected / drawn point follows the cursor position as expected, but if I just use "Edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom, the selected / drawn point is around 80 pixels above and left of the cursor position.

Over the last couple of weeks, this has proved to be a 100% reliable workaround, but it is a real pain to have to export, edit in Photoshop and then re-import into Lightroom. I don't know if this is due to me having a 4k display on my laptop and my secondary display also being 4k, as I don't have other displays to test on, but "Edit in Photoshop" consistently fails, so this needs to be on someone at Adobe's backlog to investigate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for the quick response. "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior" was / is already deselected. Photoshop works perfectly when launched stand-alone, but I always run into the issue when launching Photoshop via "Edit in Photoshop" in Lightroom.

Cheers,
Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines