• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking on an adjacent layer in the layers window too quickly causes an unintended double click

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has stuck around for a few years now and has somewhat been mitigated, but still present as of 32.2.2.  This is also with a regular mouse, no tablet involved.

Repro is easy; selecting a layer with mouse click then clicking an adjacent layer immediately after (probably whatever PS considers a double-click speed) causes PS to think you've done a double click action, so you'll either bring up rename or layer style depending on where you clicked. 

This is more easily performed when using small or no thumbnails; it is still possible with medium or large, but it is mitigated since there is simply more physical space to space out the clicks.

This is most apparent when trying to shift-click two layers when navigating through quickly.  

To clarify, this is possible with non-adjacent layers as well, but the physical distance makes it harder to accomplish.

My workflow requires me to manage large animation files and consolidate layers with shift-click, so this is quite aggravating!  You can see how easy it is to trigger it with the mp4 I've attached.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should also mention this is on Windows 11.  With further testing on a separate Windows 10 machine, I cannot repro this behavior.  There are considerable amount of variables between the two PCs, so I can't say for sure that this is a Windows 11 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines