Exit

Clipping mask not working in photoshop!

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps clipping mask.pngHi there,

im using  a mac book pro.

i am fairly new to photoshop- but used it a lot ten years ago and trying to get back into it now for my work. i have followed tutorials online where i created clipping masks and succeccfully masked thigns. Here i am trying to put a splash back around mt sink area in this kitchen. you can see the layers that im using in this image, for some reason i cant get the image to show in the clipping mack, what am i doing wrong ? i am getting so frustrated here when it wont work and i dont knw why. any help woulf be so greatly apprecitaed. thanks in advance. also, the last time i did it , a sliver of the image did show under the window, just a very thin line. i used the pen tool set to path to make the selection around the window. 

a

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Drag the mask up to Layer 3. Unclip Layer 3.

By clipping Layer 3 to the underlying layer, it only shows where you don't have transparency, and only inside the mask at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drag the mask up to Layer 3. Unclip Layer 3.

By clipping Layer 3 to the underlying layer, it only shows where you don't have transparency, and only inside the mask at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines