• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp acting strange after transferring to new MacBook pro

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new MacBook Pro and transferred everything thing over. I went to use my clone stamp which I use the most with editing and even though I have a soft brush chosen and 21 flow the center point when I click is so harsh it is marking everything blotchy.I use a mouse and I tried three different ones thinking it was the mouse. I also reset the clone stamp twice and still nothing. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maggie23769044e892 Have you been able to fix this issue yet? Does this blotchy-ness happen only with a particular image, or with any image you try? Is the file an original photograph, a composite, or an illustration/graphic? Are you cloning on a duplicate layer that may have a mask or effect applied to it? You reset the clone stamp, but did you reset your preferences altogether? That usually clears out most issues. Also, how is your clone stamp set? Here are my settings without any problems. Let us know how it's going.

JainLemos_0-1648409332060.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I got the new MacBook pro and transferred everything over and since then the clone stamp is working horrible. I watched several videos on the tool and its setting and this morning I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled and same issue. I reset the tool as well. Not sure if it is a glitch with the Monterey or if I have something set that isn’t right. I am having to work on my old computer which is a bummer since I just paid all this money for the new one. I edit first in Lightroom and then put JPEG file into Photoshop.

I am attaching a video and you can see the harshness of the edit even when I am using the soft brush. Maybe I have something clicked that should be. On my old computer it is smooth and soft when I use it. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Maggie Greco

[Personal information removed for your protection on a public forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maggie23769044e892 wrote:

I got the new MacBook pro and transferred everything over

Instead of transferring Adobe applications over, they need to be installed from Creative Cloud. Try the suggestion from Jain and reset Preferences after backing up customization.

• Attachments do not come through with email replies. Use the Insert Image button in a Reply window (mountain and sun). 

• Signature lines do come through with email replies, so be sure to remove personal information.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give this a try and here is that video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you are sampling on a blank layer that is selected using sample Current & Below. Instead, duplicate the background layer, and with the duplicate layer selected, use the clone tool with the sample set to Current Layer. Do you still get the same blotchy effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines