Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp getting dark - no optical illusion or blend mode set

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

When I'm using the clone stamp, every click I do, the clone stamp result is getting darker. It looks like the opacity is not set to 100% (but it's). My file is basically some straights lines that are interrupted and I'm using the clone stamp to fix it more quickly. I already did in other files with no problem, but now is weird. Here are some checks I did:
- clone stamp blend options: it's set to normal

- optical illusion: the main colors are black and white with a very few shades of gray. It's unlikely to be an optical illusion. 

- I reset PS sets and the problem keeps happening.

- I tried different files and still happening. 

- opacity is set to 100%

- brush type is hard. 

I recorded a video showing what's happening. https://youtu.be/NKjsvUIaSLo

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

but it's not a black and white image. You're trying to clone areas with transparency and that's going to be additive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the Override Size button  for pen pressure is enabled,

Disable that and see if the Clone Stamp works better.

ovr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your help! I disabled but still not working correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it's not a black and white image. You're trying to clone areas with transparency and that's going to be additive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The root file is a PDF created in AutoCAD. The lines are the autocad lines. I did the same procedure in different files before and never happened this. I don't think would be transparency. Anyway, how do I check if it's transparency? All the layers are set with 100% opacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's right there in your layer. Anything on a transparent layer that is not pure black is transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I make to clone something that is not black? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to include the background layer (white in this case) then select »Current & Below« instead of »Current Layer«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but then that would add white to the transparent layer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Earth Oliver wrote:

but then that would add white to the transparent layer...

But otherwise clone stamping semitransparent pixels will result in the build-up the OP apparently wants to avoid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like i said, the layer is black, but the black is partially transparent. Do you need the transparency? If not, just flatten the image and clone the merged layer. If you do need the transparency, you'll need to merge the layers, then reconvert back to transparent layers... which should be easy, but Adobe has never bothered implementing a one-button tool for this process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solve for this. I have the same issue. 3D glass created in blender as a png. I'm just trying to clean up some fireflies and dont want to loose the transparency so the png can still be overlayed afterwards. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tip 1: Post the image you are talking about. 

Tip 2: Use Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency and then you can edit the Layer Mask (the transparency) amd the RGB-pixels separately 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restting the photoshop preferences by going to Edit>Preferences>General, clicking Reset Prerences On Quit and restarting photoshop?

Screenshot-(348).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a Prefs issue, as i've explained above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Drawing Tablet such as a Wacom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines