• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clone stamp not working

Advisor ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong?  In the screenshot below, I have selected the banana on the left.  I want to clone stamp that selection onto the banana on the right.  I created a layer on which to do this as my very top layer.  When I am on that Layer (Layer 22), and clone stamp inside the selection, then paint over the banana on the right, nothing happens.  Shouldn't the banana selection be appearing where I am stamping?  Thanks.   

bartonlew_0-1658972836896.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Have you tried to duplicate selected banana (Ctrl + J) then to drag it where you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bartonlew 

When you have an active selection, the clone stamp only works inside the selection. Deselect and try again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/clone-stamp-remove-object.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/retouching-repairing-images.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The problem is, I want to only copy the banana in the source layer, not the white area outside of it.  As you can see in the screenshot below, while the banana matches in both layers, the white area in the source layer is brighter than in the target layer.  That is why I made a selection of the banana, hoping to copy it only.  Is there a way to do that?  Thank you.

bartonlew_0-1658978527896.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to duplicate selected banana (Ctrl + J) then to drag it where you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, and it works.  Thank you.  I just thought there was maybe a way to do this using the Clone Stamp, but it achieves the same result.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bartonlew wrote:

I just thought there was maybe a way to do this using the Clone Stamp, 

If you want to use the Clone Stamp tool, select the banana you want to replace and do the cloning on a new layer for non-destructive editing.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it was the clipppet

Clippet.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines