• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp now represented by numbers - an embedded watermark?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a meme one of my social media platforms. A member of my online community had an image of two politicians and I made a quick meme by adding a satirical comment to it (many of us exchange political memes).  I did a quick clean up of the image including cloning out a series of numbers on the bottom of the image that were distracting. Now my clone stamp has that number on it representing the clone tool (spooky). 
I did some digging and the image appears to be outside the public domain (argh). It was after a long day and I am usually far more careful. I made no profit nor profit in any way - in fact I use the platform to defend a disabled child denied citizenship in Australia. Have I copped some kind of digital watermark that's got me in its grip?
I went into the clone tool and reset it but the tool is still represented by the number. I did an image search and it is the same number as the original image. Thoughts?

Is there a way to restore the clone stamp to its original icon - it still works but it's no longer a clone stamp with brush size just this cursed number in a rectangular box like a vehicle registration plate - it's haunting me.

The image attached is the image in question but it shows the anomaly occurring with the clone stamp.

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try resetting the Clone Stamp Tool by right clicking on the Clone Stamp Tool icon on the left hand side of the tool options bar and clicking Reset Tool.

cst.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines