• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to disable double tap automatically aligning of Clone tool

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first reported this problem I was told it was because my wacom tablet was old, my computer was out of date etc. Now I have a brand new computer and a brand new wacom tablet and still if I am not careful my clone tool goes automatically alined when I select an area to be cloned the box ticks itself I can see it happen if I accidentally tap the pen twice in quick succession to the tablet when making a selection. Now this may be okay for you younger people with your steady as a rock hands but no matter how careful I am this is still happening by accident to me. Some may see it as a feature me I would just like to be able to turn it off.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
68 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.  This is an email from a year ago, 11/13/19.

I also went through this a year before. Still no results.  It doesn't seem like a big ask, unless the code is buried so deep they don't think it's worth the effort.

Hello Jay,

Greetings from Adobe!

As you have already created a feature request. Depending on the user demand for the requested feature or adjustment to the tool in question, it might get implemented in the future updates. 

For now, we are closing the escalation ticket on the case ID: - ADB-9876304-Q0X0

If  you have any further queries please feel free to reach us back and refer to the case ID, we will be more than happy to work on this with you and your case will be followed up from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the person who thought it was a good idea to enable "Aligned" for the clone tool by holding option and double-clicking but neglected to add a way to turn it off with the same shortcut spends eternity in Hell unchecking the "Aligned" box.

Please Adobe, for the love of all that is holy, add an option to prevent this behavior in Photoshop preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in Photoshop 22.4.2 this problem has not been fixed.

After all these years.... Adobe please fix this. I have to deselect the checkbox so many times a day.

This realy interferes my workflow. What do we have to do to be heard?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting to suspect, after all these years, that this glitch is buried to deeply into the code that they don't want to bother with it.  I find it hard to believe that they don't recognize this as a problem, especially for retouchers who are option-clicking HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF TIMES A DAY. Keyboard commands are customizeable.  I believe it's a problem with mouse clicks, but I could be wrong.  However, I think professional coders could fix this.

Thanks for your (continuing) comments on this issue.

Best,

Jay Penni

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is truly beyond the pale. I just started a gig heavy on photo editing and this feature is both productivity-killing and frustrating. I don't know much about customizing commands/inputs or coding but would it be possible to assign a different button to the sample point picker so rather than pressing option we could press an F key or something? Even a cheap video game lets you customize what inputs/commands correspond to whatever buttons so it's wild to me that this premium program does not offer its users this option. 

In the mean time one eye is on the tool bar and one eye is on the art 🙂

-E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.  If you're retouching dust spots in a large area, then setting your sample source to "Aligned" can work great.  If you need to sample from a tiny area in order to build up a patch(a belt buckle or coin, for example.  Or to finish a blemished part of a shoe), then this glitch is problematic.  It was a terrible User Inteface bug to begin with.  "Let's use the key someome clicks hundreds of times rapidly to change the setting!  Great idea!" The fact that it's never been remedied is astounding.  I suspect it is easier to modify keyboard shortcuts than mouse/keyboard combination shortcuts.  This code may be buried too deep for them to want to bother with.

Best,

Jay Penni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Photoshop 23 either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to hit the Upvote button at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deselect the Align box and it still doesn't turn off! WTF?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you can't deselect the "Aligned" option or do you mean it keeps reverting to "Aligned"?

It will keep reverting to "Aligned" if you double-click while holding down the Option key, something you would normally be holding down in order to sample a clone source. I haven't encountered not being able to click on the box and turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I uncheck the ALIGN box and it still operates with the aligned function even though the box remains unchecked. Checking/unchecking the box has no effect. Neither does the reset tools operation. Nothing changes the ALIGN function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The double-click aligned is a design flaw, built into the program.  What you have sounds like a conflict or corrupt preferences. Usually if that kind of thing is happening, (settings that won't stick, tools not functioning, etc) it's time to trash the preferences. If that doesn't work call tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.. this is an absolute pain when correcting small details in an image.. no solution but at least I know that it is not just me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to disable default align with clone stamp, or disable to double tap to re click align.

Currently and for forever ago you keep making us align without us wanting to align and you don't give us an option to stop or revert.  You only auto align and no option to deselect it without us manually clicking the check box every 30 seconds after photoshop keeps rechecking the align option and it's extremely annoying and time wasting unchecking it all the time.

I HAVE to use healing brush to avoid this, but sometimes the clone stamp works better and then I have to deal with this constantly.

This has been an issue since 1994 apparently and widely complained about, yet still not fixed?

This is just one link of years of complaints and no fixes.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-ability-to-disable-double-tap-automatical...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments. I don't know why we can't get through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis the default setting for the clone tool is to have aligned checked.

The Alt+double click should maybe work as a toggle. Activate "Aligned" when unchecked, and deactivate when checked.

It does not jive with the usual logic (double click is usually not a toggle) but given that Alt the usual toggle is needed to set a source, it might still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been plaguing me for my whole career! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment Keith. I find it hard to understand why they used that particular key combination in the first place, but beyond that, why no fix?
Maybe they need a certain number of comments for the problem to be elevated to a level of concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the align checkbox dozens of times a day is so frustrating.

Please Adobe. This can't be hard to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2095 is not far anymore...   there's still hope! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. I find it hard to believe they don't recognize this as a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still-almost 2 years later.  No fix, no aknowledgement concerning option double click setting clone alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix in Version 24.5.  

Adobe, please just say it CAN't be fixed because it's too deep in the code or too much work, or you don't care.  At least then we can stop hoping.  But I find it hard to believe that no one recognizes that it is a problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than 8 years and still no fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate