Clone Stamp Tool has Strange Behavior

Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when using the clone stamp tool, after I select a source region on my image and begin to drag toward the target region, the source is painted into the target. However, on this startup of Photoshop, when I hold down the left mouse button, a white disc appears within my brush, and no 'painting' takes place. I have tried (a) resetting Photoshop tool settings, and (b) shutting down and restarting my iMacS High Sierra 10.13.2. Nothing helps.

any ideas appreciated as always,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Hi

A full screenshot showing the brush , the layers panel, options bar etc would be helpful in understanding your issue.

Please be very careful about remote access. There are warnings on the forum about folk fraudulently gaining access to PCs under the guise of "helping" and passing themselves off as support staff. Only those with the Red staff badge work for Adobe. The rest of us are just volunteer users. I would restrict any form of remote access only to those I know and trust.

Dave

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what Dave said about remote access. And I would add to that to be careful even about giving Adobe remote access. If you happen to contact Adobe phone support, not all of the support people are knowledgable and I know of instances where they have wrecked havoc with customer computers using remote access. Remote access should be a last resort, and even then I'd advise making a backup of your computer before doing so.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem today and was losing my mind.  I went through each solution, none of them worked.  I created a new image and found the clone tool worked.  I then compared the two images and noticed that the image where the clone tool didn't work was "locked" and was named Background double clicking on the padlock requested a name for a new layer (Layer 0) and once I had done that, the clone tool worked as expected, no more white disc...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines