• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Tool Issue causing Program Error (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started getting the message "could not complete request beause of program error" when trying to use the clone stamp tool.  And then PS freezes up.  No idea what to do!

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your program error while using the Clone Stamp tool in Photoshop.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop (Help > About Photoshop) and the version of Windows on your computer?

Are you seeing this issue after any recent update? Is it happening with only the Clone Stamp tool or other tools? 

Please go to Edit > Preferences > Performance section and uncheck the option "Use Graphics Processor." Restart your Adobe Photoshop and see whether it helps. If the issue persists, check out the other solutions.

Try to reset the tools followed by Photoshop preferences. 
Steps to reset the Tools and Preferences: To reset all the tools at once, right-click on the icon of whatever tool is currently selected in the Tool Options, select "Reset All Tools," and then click "OK." Using the Reset, All Tools option will reset all the tool selections in the Tools bar to their defaults.
You may try to reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t 

Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, actions, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I have done everything you suggested and still the clone stamp will not work. I have PS 23.4.1 and Windows 11.  Everything was working correctly up until a couple weeks ago.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to install (again) an earlier version of Photoshop to see if it works with that? You can do so in the Creative cloud desktop application:

Abambo_0-1657482722816.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote about this a few days ago, got a response from Adobe that I couldnt respond to.  I'm not sure how to communicate with Adobe.  I did everything they suggested and the Clone Stamp still isnt working.  I pay alot of money to have PS and it needs to work.  Where do I go from here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tammy,

You should update your thread, if you have additional questions because others looking at this won't understand what you are talking about, when they do not see the context. I've merged your new post to your old one. Please reply always to this one, except if you are referring to an unrelated problem.

How about sharing your Photoshop version, as suggested by @Ranjisha Sengupta ?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also having the exact same issue. None of the fixes recommended helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines