• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp tool not working in a new layer (Photoshop 2022) and cropping issue

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022 is giving me some headaches on some pretty basic stuff. (1) Clone Stamp tool not working in a new layer. Additionally, when I go to crop an image the cropped image is tiny tiny tiny and when I zoom in/fill page view.. it is all pixels. I feel like for both issues there must be settings that got messed up. Help! Thanks. 

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

For the Clone Stamp tool, make sure that the Sample dropdown menu in the Options bar is set to sample the layer you want. If you have a new layer selected, you would need Current & Below or All Layers depending on what is in your layers. If it's set to Current and there are no pixels there, Photoshop doesn't have anything to sample.

For the crop, it sounds like you might have dimensions set that are too small. In the Options bar, click Clear to clear those settings. You can set the Ratio dropd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Clone Stamp tool, make sure that the Sample dropdown menu in the Options bar is set to sample the layer you want. If you have a new layer selected, you would need Current & Below or All Layers depending on what is in your layers. If it's set to Current and there are no pixels there, Photoshop doesn't have anything to sample.

For the crop, it sounds like you might have dimensions set that are too small. In the Options bar, click Clear to clear those settings. You can set the Ratio dropdown or enter your own dimensions.

If you're not seeing the Options bar to make these changes, you can go to Window > Options (it's near the bottom of that menu) or set the workspace by either clicking on the 2nd icon from the right in the top of the application or by going to Window > Workspace > Essentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Very helpful... All good now with the clone stamping and the cropping. Now all I need to understand is what a .jpf is and why I can't just have a .jpg anymore. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JPF is JPEG 2000. It can be lossless and support transparency (unlike JPEG). Here's more information on that format:

JPEG 2000 files.

Here are a few ways that you can still use to create JPEGs in Photoshop:

• Go to File > Save As and click the Save a Copy... button (otherwise if it's a layered file, you won't get JPEG as an option), then select JPEG as the format
  • Go to File > Save a Copy... and select JPEG as the format
  • Go to File > Export > Export As and select JPG as the Format in the File Settings
  • Go to File > Export > Export Preferences and under Quick Export Format, set the dropdown to JPG. Then go to File > Export > Quick Export As JPG
  • After setting the Quick Export preference to JPG, select a layer or multiple layers in the Layers panel, right-click, and select Quick Export As JPG
  • Go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) and select one of the JPEG presets or set the format to JPEG
  • Generate image assets from layers by using a specific naming convention and turning on  - Here's more information: Generate image assets from layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines