• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone tool not working in PS 2020 how do I reset it"? There is also no option ba

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on PS since PS3.... Now I have a prolem and directions for fixing it are not working.

The clone tool and the paintbrush tools are not working and there is no option bar. When doing a content aware fill there are white dashes around the section that required that extra bit on the edge. I don't know why Adobe can't make a fill without those annoying  white dashes.

I usually use the healing brush, but that's not working. I tried the clone tool and that is doing nothing. I tried the paint brush and that is not painting.   

I don't know how to get the options bar back or how to make anything work and the clone tool is not working in PSCC 2020 and I'm in the middle of a project. I did not change anything and it worked on one side to eliminate the dashes and I went to the opposite side to fix those dashes.. now nothing is working for the other side.

Anyone know what to do? I'm on a Mac. Catalina, which I do not care for. But that's beside the point.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. As mentioned it is PSCC on Catalina. I had to have a senior advisor at Adobe fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share how you solved your ptoblem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The options bar (and all panels) can be enabled from the Window menu.

When tools don't work, reset them. For example:

• Right-click the paintbrush in the options bar (not tools panel)
  • Reset tool (for one tool) or Reset All Tools

Options for tools are sticky and stay until changes are made or they are reset.

When PS is flakey, reset preferences:

• Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit (after backing up customization)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines