Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing New Document Dialog Disables Opening Documents

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with Photoshop. If I use Ctrl+N to open a new document and close the New Document dialog, I can no longer open it with Ctrl+N, nor open a document from the Welcome screen. No buttons in the screen work. I am still able to use the Menu Commands.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.5.1 20210907.r.441 de74e1a x64

Windows 10 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, Driver: 472.12

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any 3rd party plug-ins or extension panels installed? If you hold down the shift key on launch and choose to disable 3rd party plug-ins does it work?

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Try updating to the latest version (Photoshop 23.0) and let us know if you're still having trouble. 

Note, you can select to keep your current version when you update in case you want to go back:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1635619361113.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines